These trips are designed specifically for searching and spending ample time with Killer Whales. If you’re an Orca enthusiast, this is the perfect trip for you!
Whale Watching Expedition
A relaxing way to explore Monterey Bay with up to 6 passengers per trip
- 3 Hour Tour All ages
- 7 Hour Tour All Ages
Embark on an Amazing Whale Watching Trip in Monterey, CA!
Oceanic Expeditions whale watching trips are the way to explore the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. The personable, high-end experience offered by an experienced captain and professional photographer establishes the best angles for photography and sightseeing. Our new stable, low-to-the-water, USCG-certified Stabicraft boat offers a comfortable, safe ride and exceptional viewing of the wildlife.
Morning trips need to be fulfilled for Afternoon availabilities to open.
Species & Wildlife in the National Marine Sanctuary:
- Humpback whales (March through November)
- Killer whales (year-round)
- Blue whales (Summer and fall months)
- Various species of dolphins (Pacific White-Sided Dolphins, Risso’s Dolphins, Northern Right Whale Dolphins, Bottlenose Dolphins, and Common Dolphins).
- Sea lions, harbor seals, porpoises, and sea otters.
- Seabirds such as albatross, shearwaters, and many more.
- Possibility of Minke-whales and Fin Whales
Departing from Moss Landing, perfectly located between Monterey and Santa Cruz, the National Marine Sanctuary “hotspot” for whales, a well-known destination where whales feed.
Come prepared. If you are sensitive to motion or you’ve never experienced an open ocean before, be precautious, and take motion sickness medicine one day prior to your trip. Dramamine is well-known in the U.S to help with motion sickness, and it’s available at any drug store. If you prefer more natural methods, ginger candies before and during the trip can be of great help.
There is one enclosed restroom on the boat.
There is also a public restroom available in Moss Landing Marina. We recommend using the restroom before trips.