This whale watching trip is a great way to explore the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary! From Humpback whales to various species of dolphins, we’ll take you to the best spots to see marine wildlife.
Private Whale Watching Expedition
A Private Charter For You!
- Half Day Charter Three hours • Up to six passengers
- Full Day Charter Seven hours • Up to six passengers
Enjoy Whale Watching With Just Your Friends in Moss Landing, CA!
A Private Charter trip is tailor-made to you, where you want to go, and what you wish to see. Each trip includes our local, professional, experienced Captain/ Co-Owner who is also a licensed drone pilot with several years of experience filming wildlife here in Monterey Bay. There is a 6 passenger maximum capacity. A private charter trip is perfect to create an intimate experience with friends, family, or a photography/videography-focused trip. Private Charter Trips vary from half-day trips (3 hours) to all-day trips (up to 7 hours). The price might be subject to change depending on the total cruise hours.
Species & Wildlife in the National Marine Sanctuary:
- Humpback whales (March through November)
- Killer whales (year-round)
- Blue whales (Summer and fall months)
- Various species of dolphins (Pacific White-Sided Dolphins, Risso’s Dolphins, Northern Right Whale Dolphins, Bottlenose Dolphins, and Common Dolphins).
- Sea lions, harbor seals, porpoises, and sea otters.
- Seabirds such as albatross, shearwaters, and many more.
- Possibility of Minke-whales and Fin Whales
Departing from Moss Landing, perfectly located between Monterey and Santa Cruz, the National Marine Sanctuary “hotspot” for whales, a well-known place where whales feed during the summer.
Come prepared. If you are sensitive to motion or you’ve never experienced an open ocean before, be precautious, and take motion sickness medicine one day prior to your trip. Dramamine is well-known in the U.S to help with motion sickness, and it’s available at any drug store. If you prefer more natural methods, ginger candies before and during the trip can be of great help.
There is one enclosed restroom on the boat.
There is also a public restroom available in Moss Landing Marina. We recommend using the restroom before trips.